I saw Mr Elvey for my broken wrist after seeing 2 other surgeons who told me I would be lucky to play tennis again. Within 1 week of surgery I started hand therapy and was back on the court in 6 weeks. For any professional athlete I could not Mr Elvey more highly.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, Royal Free & University College London Medical School (2007)
- Bachelor of Science Medical Law, University of Manchester (2004)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (2016)
- British Diploma of Hand Surgery (2019)
- Winner British Hand Society Trainee Research Prize (2017)
- Winner Sir Rodney Sweetnam Research Prize, UCLH and Middlesex Society (2018)
- Winner Vivian Lees Gold Medal for highest performance in the BSSH Postgraduate Hand Diploma examination (2019)
Areas of Expertise
- Hand and wrist fractures & soft tissue injuries
- Osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis
- Dupuytrens disease
- Carpal / cubital tunnel syndrome
- Tendon & nerve injuries
- Trigger finger / thumb
- Ganglion removal treatment
- Tennis / golfers elbow
- Joint replacement surgery
- Minimally invasive / keyhole surgery
- Xiapex / Collagenase therapy
- Wide awake surgery
Mr Elvey is a consultant Orthopaedic Hand and Wrist surgeon. He graduated from the Royal Free and University College London Medical School in 2007 with MBBS and a BSc Hons in Medical Law. After completing speciality training on the University College London Hospital Programme he was awarded subspecialty Hand and Wrist fellowships at the World renowned Wrightington Upper limb Unit and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. In 2018 he undertook a travelling Observership to the Institute De La Main, Paris, France and in 2019 he was awarded the Gold Medal for the highest performance in the British Postgraduate Hand Diploma examination.
Mr Elvey holds an NHS consultant post at University College London NHS Foundation Trust where he supervises trainees in his role of treating all aspects of Hand and Wrist surgery in both adults and children. He publishes regularly in peer-reviewed journals, has received numerous research prizes, and presents regularly at national and international scientific meetings. He has contributed to major textbooks, is a reviewer for the top hand and wrist publications and maintains an active interest in medical law. He has a special interest in joint replacement, keyhole surgery and sports injuries, treating amateur weekend warriors through to elite athletes from the premier league. Away from medicine Mr Elvey has a passion for sport and enjoys spending time with his young family.
Mr Elvey was very professional, kind and understanding. Explained everything in detail and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
London - Spire Bushey
It was very seamless and professional and my son felt a lot of trust
London - Hospital of St Johns and Elizabeth
Mr Elvey is a highly skilled surgeon and has great interpersonal skills. He always goes the extra mile for his patients and will ensure the patient journey is a positive experience. He is always happy to share his knowledge and advice with GPs to help personal development and also enhance patient care.
Mr Michael Elvey does what is best for his patients. He is technically exceptional and combined with his diligent work ethic, achieves results which most would dream about. However his kind, honest and trustworthy nature is what makes him a real diamond.